Say Bye To Your Swollen Feet With These Incredible Remedies.
Swollen feet can be caused by many factors including diseases (heart diseases, kidney diseases, liver failure…). More often, pregnant women experience swollen feet by the last trimester of their pregnancy.
Swollen feet make people really uncomfortable, as your feet are kind of heavy and cannot longer fit in your beautiful shoes.
Below are amazing Remedies To Get Rid Of Swollen Feet
1. Contrast Hydrotherapy
This type of hydrotherapy, which includes both cold and warm water, is highly effective for reducing swelling in your feet. While the warm water helps improve circulation, cold water helps reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Fill 2 foot tubs– one with cold water and the other with warm water.
- Soak your feet in the warm water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Immediately put your feet in the cold water for about 1 minute.
- Continue alternating for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat a few times daily until you get relief.
A foot massage is one of the best remedies for swollen feet. It creates pressure on the affected area that helps relax sore muscles and improve circulation. It also encourages excess fluid drainage to reduce swelling.
- Rub some warm mustard oil or olive oil on the affected area.
- Gently massage the area for 5 minutes in an upward direction, rather than downward. Avoid applying too much pressure.
- Do this several times a day.
It is most effective to massage your feet during or after taking a bath.
Note: If the swelling in your feet is due to pregnancy, see a therapist who specializes in prenatal massage.
3. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt works fast to reduce swelling and can help alleviate pain and discomfort, too. The magnesium sulfate in Epsom salt is easily absorbed through the skin and helps improve circulation and reduce swelling. It is also relaxing for sore, tired muscles and even helps neutralize foot odor.
- Mix ½ cup of Epsom salt in a foot tub filled with warm water.
- Soak your swollen feet in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat up to 3 times a week.
Ginger is a natural diuretic that helps treat swollen feet. It helps dilute sodium, a major contributing factor behind swelling. In addition, its anti-inflammatory property helps reduce swelling.
- Massage your swollen feet with ginger oil when massaging a few times daily.
- You can also drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea or chew some raw ginger slices.
The diuretic property of dandelion helps the body metabolize extra fluids, making it a great remedy for swollen feet. According to a 2009 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, dandelion has a diuretic effect that helps treat water retention.
It also helps regulate the sodium level in the body.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried dandelion leaves in a cup of hot water. Cover, steep for 5 minutes and strain it. Drink this herbal tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also take dandelion tincture or supplements, but only after consulting a doctor.
Magnesium deficiency in the body can also contribute to swelling in the feet due to edema. Eat foods rich in magnesium to help fight this problem.
- Eat magnesium-rich foods like dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, soybeans, avocado, bananas and dark chocolate.
- You can also take magnesium supplements, but only after consulting your doctor.
Note: People with heart or kidney disease should avoid taking magnesium supplements.
Check Out Top 10 Home Remedies For The Entire Article
Thanks Mary Difiore For The Image