10 Super Herbs to Cleanse Your Kidneys Naturally.
Kidneys are vital organs in the body and important to our overall health, so it’s essential to look after them.
Kidney diseases are silent killers, which will greatly affect your quality of life; but several steps can be taken to reduce the risk of developing kidney diseases.
Read Through This Article to Learn More
Note:Do consult your doctor before taking these herbs. They may not be suitable for people with kidney disease and other medical conditions. They may also interact with certain medications.
……..In addition to the removal of toxins, proper kidney cleansing can also help keep your blood pressure in check and improve functioning of the urinary tract and bladder.
Plus, you may have to take extra steps to cleanse your kidneys if you have symptoms such as feeling fatigued or unusually moody, pain in your kidneys after eating, eczema, acne, skin rashes, bloating, sudden weight gain and problems like kidney stones and frequent bladder problems or urinary tract infections (UTIs).
A healthy diet, exercise and staying hydrated are essential for supporting your kidneys. For a little extra help, you can include some herbs in your diet that can help cleanse your kidneys.
Here are the top 10 super herbs to cleanse your kidneys.
Parsley is a potent, natural diuretic herb that can cleanse the kidneys. It promotes increased urine output to help flush bacteria and germs out of the kidneys. Parsley owes its diuretic effect to the compounds apiol and myristicin.
A 2002 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology found that rats that drank parsley seed extract produced significantly more urine over a 24-hour period than those that drank water.
- Drink a few cups of parsley tea for about a week to cleanse your kidneys. To make the tea, add 1 tablespoon of crushed fresh parsley to a cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes, then strain it.
- Alternatively, prepare a detoxifying drink by mixing ¼ cup of parsley juice, ½ cup of water and a little honey and lemon juice. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
- You can also include this herb in your salad and other dishes.
Note: Avoid eating large amounts of parsley if you are pregnant.
2. Dandelion Root
According to a 2009 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, dandelion works as a diuretic in humans and increases urine production. Due to its diuretic properties, it helps cleanse both the kidneys and the liver. Moreover, dandelion relieves water retention and soothes irritation in the urinary system.
To cleanse the kidneys, you can drink 2 cups of dandelion tea twice daily for a few weeks. To make the tea:
- Boil 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover and steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain, add some honey and drink the tea.
You can also make this tea with dandelion tea bags.
Note: As this herb may react with certain medications, consult a doctor prior to using dandelion to cleanse your kidneys.
Marshmallow also contains diuretic properties that encourage increased urine flow. This helps cleanse the kidneys from the buildup of toxins and promotes kidney health. Moreover, marshmallow can fight kidney, urinary tract and bladder infections.
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried marshmallow roots and leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 8 to 10 minutes, then strain it.
- Drink 2 cups of this herbal tea daily for a week to cleanse your kidneys.
Note: Avoid marshmallow if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have diabetes.
……10. Corn Silk
Corn silk is diuretic in nature and stimulates urine production for the removal of waste and water from the kidneys. You can use it to treat bladder infections, kidney stones and urinary infections.
- Put 2 teaspoons of dried corn silk in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over it, cover and steep for 10 to 15 minutes, then strain it.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- Make sure to drink plenty of other fluids when you use corn silk tea to cleanse your kidneys.
Note: As this herb may interact with certain medications, consult your doctor before using it.
- Avoid smoking, tobacco products and excessive consumption of alcohol and caffeine.
- Strive to maintain normal blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Keep your cholesterol level in check.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration.
- If overweight, try to lose weight and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid fried foods and too much salt.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits, green vegetables and whole-grain foods.
……..Check Out top 10 Home Remedies For the Entire Article