Why Vitamin E Is So Important For Hair And Skin.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that dissolves in fat. It is found in many foods such as cereals, poultry, eggs, meat, vegetable oils, fruits, vegetables, and wheat germ oil. It can also be taken as a supplement.
Vitamin E is necessary for our body; it protects cell membranes against damage caused by free radicals. It also plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells and helps to store vitamins A and K, iron, and selenium. Vitamin E is also important for hair are skin.
Continue Reading To Learn More
Here are the top 10 benefits of vitamin E for hair and skin.
1. Stimulates Hair Growth
Vitamin E has antioxidant properties that help repair damaged hair follicles and prevent tissue corrosion, which in turn encourages healthy hair growth.
It also deeply conditions the hair from root to shaft to make it healthier and shinier, and even prevents premature graying.
- Mix the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules in 2 tablespoons of warm olive or coconut oil. Massage the mixture onto your scalp using your fingertips in circular motions. Wait 30 minutes, then wash your hair as usual. Repeat this hair growth treatment 2 or 3 times a week.
- You can also massage your scalp with coconut milk (rich in vitamin E), leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it out with lukewarm water. Do this a few times a week.
- Also, include vitamin E-rich foods in your diet to nourish your hair from within.
2. Fades Scars
Another beauty benefit of vitamin E is that it can help fade scars. Being an antioxidant, it accelerates the healing of damaged skin and prevents scars from becoming permanent.
In addition, its moisturizing property keeps the skin hydrated and helps repair damaged tissue.
- Apply the oil extracted from a vitamin E capsule on the affected skin.
- Massage it gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Do this twice daily until you are satisfied with the result.
3. Fights Wrinkles
You can use vitamin E to fight wrinkles, age spots and other signs of aging. Vitamin E has the power to reverse the damage done by harmful solar radiation and the free radicals in our environment.
It even boosts the production of collagen that adds elasticity to your skin, which prevents aging signs like wrinkles.
- Apply the oil from a vitamin E capsule directly on the affected skin daily before going to bed. Leave it on overnight. The next morning, rinse it off with warm water.
- You can even massage the affected areas with warm olive oil, a rich source of vitamin E, 2 or 3 times daily.
- Eating vitamin E-rich foods regularly is another simple and effective way to fight signs of aging.
…..9. Treats Dermatitis
You can use vitamin E to treat dermatitis, which is an inflammation of the skin. Vitamin E can provide relief from dermatitis symptoms, such as inflammation, swelling, itching, burning sensations and redness. Its antioxidant property promotes quick healing of damaged skin.
- Apply some vitamin E oil on the affected skin before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning with warm water. Use this remedy daily for a couple of weeks.
- Also, eat more foods rich in vitamin E, such as olives, coconut milk, sunflower seeds, wheat germ oil, and peanut butter, to help your body heal naturally.
10. Smooths Split Ends
If your hair has split ends due to excessive use of hair colors, blow drying, curling and straightening, then try vitamin E.
It can reverse the damage to your hair. It works as an excellent deep conditioner to give you lustrous locks, nourish your hair and treat split ends.
- Mix equal amounts of vitamin E, olive and coconut oils. Apply it on the split ends. Allow it to sit for a couple of hours before washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy 3 times a week to notice a difference in your hair texture.
- You can also make a hair mask with an avocado, a rich source of vitamin E. Mash 1 avocado, add 2 tablespoons each of olive and coconut oils, and mix it well. Apply this hair mask thoroughly on your hair (to avoid excess greasiness, avoid the roots). Allow it to sit for 30 minutes, then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this hair mask once a week.
- As vitamin E is fat-soluble, take the supplement with a meal containing some fat to aid its absorption.
- This vitamin loses its potency when exposed to air, heat and light, so store the supplements in a dark, cool place.
- Those who take anticoagulants must not take vitamin E supplements without consulting a doctor.
- Before applying vitamin E oil on your skin, do a patch test to see if you have an allergic reaction to it.
- Those who are prone to break-outs or have sensitive skin must use vitamin E oil with caution.
Check Out Top 10 Home Remedies For The Entire Article