Relieve Your Diabetes Symptoms With These Incredible Natural Herbs And Spices.
Diabetes, usually referred to by doctors as diabetes mellitus, portrays a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood blood sugar, either because of inadequate insulin production, or because the body’s cells do not respond correctly to insulin, or both.
If you’re suffering from any type of diabetes, it’s very critical to maintain a good blood sugar level.
Below are natural herbs and spices that will help you control your blood sugar and relieve your diabetes symptoms
Cinnamon contains bioactive components that can help lower blood sugar levels.
A 2013 study published in the Annals of Family Medicine and Diabetes Care shows that cinnamon is beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
Based on this study, it may have a beneficial effect on fasting plasma glucose, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in patients with Type 2 diabetes.
- You can take 1 to 2 grams of cinnamon daily in the form of tea. You can also sprinkle it on your oatmeal, smoothies or use it in cooking and baking.
- Another option is to take cinnamon supplements. However, always consult a doctor for the proper dosage suitable for your condition.
Note: If you take a blood-thinning medication, avoid taking cinnamon.
Fenugreek is an herb that diabetic people should include in their diets. Due to its hypoglycemic activity, it can improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels. In addition, its fiber content slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and sugars.
In a 2009 study published in the International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, researchers concluded there is a positive effect of fenugreek seeds on blood glucose and lipid profiles in Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The next morning, drink the water and eat the seeds on an empty stomach. Follow this remedy daily.
- You can also eat baked goods made with fenugreek flour.
- Another option is to take a supplement after consulting a doctor.
Anti-diabetic, hypolipidemic and anti-oxidative properties in ginger are beneficial in controlling blood sugar levels. Ginger also can improve insulin sensitivity, reduce oxidation and improve cholesterol levels. It even helps with weight loss.
A 2014 study published in the Complementary Therapies in Medicine journal found that daily consumption of three 1-gram capsules of ginger powder for 8 weeks proved useful for patients with Type 2 diabetes.
CONTINUE ON THE NEXT PAGE