Remove Your Scars Naturally With Home Remedies.
Scars are areas of fibrous tissue that replace normal skin after injury. They result from the biological process of wound repair in the skin and other tissues of the body.
Having a scar is not a pleasant thing, especially when it is on a visible area of the body. With home remedies, we are able to get rid of those scars naturally.
Read Through this Article to Learn More.
When skin is injured, fibrous tissue, known as scar tissue, forms over the wound to repair and protect it. This leads to the formation of scar.
You can get a scar on your skin due to accidents, insect bites, scrapes, acne, burns, chickenpox, piercings, surgical cuts and vaccinations.
Scars come in all shapes and sizes, and can affect your appearance and make you self-conscious.
The human body is capable of taking care of scars and they tend to get lighter with time. To speed up healing, you can try some home remedies. The focus of scar removal remedies is to support effective cell growth, minimize scar tissue and create healthy skin.
Bear in mind that there is no procedure yet that can make a scar disappear completely. Treatments and remedies can only make it less noticeable. Before applying the home remedies, make sure to cleanse the affected area thoroughly.
Be patient and persistent, as it may take some time depending upon the shape, size and type of scar. In addition, not every scar removal remedy will work for everyone.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for scar removal.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural scar removal remedy due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It works as a natural emollient to help repair damaged skin and promote growth of healthy skin. In addition, it will improve your skin texture.
- Peel the outer green cover off an aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel-like substance.
- Apply the gel on your scar and massage in circular motions.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then wash it off.
- Apply aloe vera gel twice daily.
Note: Do not apply aloe vera gel on open wounds.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another excellent ingredient that can help fade scars. The vitamin E, an antioxidant, in coconut oil accelerates the healing time and prevents new scars from forming. In addition, the lauric, caprylic and capric acids found in coconut oil stimulate collagen production, promote healing of damaged skin and reverse free-radical damage.
- Heat some extra-virgin coconut oil to liquefy it.
- Put the warm oil on your palm and massage it onto the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 1 hour so that the skin absorbs the oil.
- For best results, repeat 2 to 4 times a day.
3. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is an effective antioxidant that can help fade scars. Its moisturizing property hydrates the skin and helps repair damaged tissue and improve the appearance of scars.
- Open some vitamin E capsules to get the oil.
- Smear the oil onto the scar and massage gently for 10 minutes.
- Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Do this several times a day.
Note: Test this on a small patch of skin first, as vitamin E oil may cause an allergic reaction in some people.
According to Ayurveda, sandalwood has skin-regenerating and soothing properties that can reduce the appearance of all types of scars.
- Mix equal amounts of sandalwood oil and any carrier oil of your choice. Apply it on the scar with a cotton ball. Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Follow this treatment twice daily.
- Another option is to mix 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and add enough rose water or milk to make a paste. Apply the paste on the scar and rub gently. Leave it on for 1 hour before washing it off with cold water. Do this once daily.
- Make green tea, allow it to cool and then dab it onto a new scar using a cotton swab. Massage gently. When used regularly, it will reduce the size of the scar.
- Crush 1 or 2 aspirins, add enough water to make a paste and apply it on the scar twice daily.
- You can also apply white toothpaste to help fade scars.
- Avoid exposing scars to the sun, which can slow down the healing process and make the scars darker.
- Regularly massaging the affected area can help break down the fibrous tissue that causes scarring.
- Exfoliate regularly to get rid of old layers of skin. This will promote the growth of new skin and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Use a concealer to hide scars. Always use a concealer that matches your skin tone.
- Follow a diet rich in vitamins C and E to speed up the healing process.
- Regular intake of fish oil supplements can also help heal scars. Consult a doctor before starting any supplement regimen.
Check Out Top 10 Home Remedies for the Entire Article